Transformation to SAP S/4HANA
Drive business performance with SAP S/4HANA
SAP Consulting Services
Leaders in automotive, with expertise in other advanced-manufacturing industries
Why move to SAP S/4HANA?
Batch Process Manufacturing
Continuous Process Manufacturing
Decision Support & Analytics
Aside from mainstream maintenance of SAP ECC coming to an end in 2027, consider the business benefits.
Improved performance and speed. Easier to update business models. Increased cost effectiveness.
Innovative user experience. Innovation extends its capability. Endless possibilities.
Decision Support & Analytics
Unique architecture; runs in memory. Much faster compute capabilities. Near real-time analytics.
Making sense of your transformation options
Let us help you understand the benefits and limitations of each.
- New implementation of SAP S/4HANA. It includes starting with a new instance of S/4HANA, complete re-engineering of business processes with required process simplification.
- This approach is typically used when companies realize their processes are old, highly customized, and difficult to maintain and sustain.
- Ability to innovate, improve and re-engineer business processes. Process simplification based on ready to run SAP Best Industry practices.
- Rapid adoption of new innovations based on SAP best practices.
- Bring SAP footprint closer to Industry standards.
- Since it is a new implementation almost from scratch, there is a great opportunity to re-design and correct the past mistakes of the design and system.
- Historical data is no longer available in one system. Usually this means old system access may be required or the historical data may have to be archived.
- Possibly longer duration and higher cost.
- Change management effort could be high as business users may be reluctant to come out of their comfort zone and adopt new changes.
- Customers who want to convert their current SAP ERP system into SAP S/4HANA system.
- This approach reuses existing (as-is) processes with minimum business disruption, and with required SAP S/4HANA simplification/mandatory innovations.
- Migration without re-implementation and innovation of new business processes.
- Minimum disruption to business users and minimum changes to existing business processes.
- Historical data is preserved.
- Possibly less duration, effort, and change management effort required compared to Greenfield approach.
- Limited scope for process re-engineering, as the current business processes are adopted without much focus on SAP best industry practices or process reengineering.
- Ability to innovate, improve and re-engineer processes is not the primary scope. Innovations will be handled in separate projects at a later stage.
Selective Data Transition
- Customers who want to combine the benefits of both Greenfield and Brownfield approaches without their limitations can choose the Selective Data Transition approach.
- They can use the innovations in S/4HANA®, while selectively leveraging / re-using their investment in SAP ECC.
- Selective Data Transition gives the flexibility to adapt customization, data, and processes in the new SAP S/4HANA® system.
- Selective data transformation allows a phased approach, focusing on parts of the business with highest ROI and lowest TCI.
- Historical data is not lost, and the biggest benefit is to selectively restore the historical data as per Business needs.
- Minimum disruption to the business.
- No known limitations.
- The business and service provider must carefully select the data to transform.
Navigating deployment options
We’re here to assist in navigating the various options to help you determine what’s best for your organization.
Supporting your business transformation scenarios
Selective Data Transition can be transformation accelerator as your business evolves.
- High speed transformation
- Avoid business disruption
- Near-zero downtime
- Leave obsolete data behind, such as outdated company codes
- Migrate relevant historical data
- Retain consistent process chain / document flow
- Interdependencies stay intact
- Enables direct processing of partly delivered ECC sales orders without cutover effort
- Reporting and lookup functionality can be used in S/4HANA
- ECC system won’t be needed any longer for daily business
Focus on quality
SAP S/4HANA® Selective Data Transition Engagement
To provide SAP customers with a reliable and proven migration approach in their migration to SAP S/4HANA, in 2018 SAP established a small, expert group of partners.
This group maintains joint standards that relate to the following:
- Solution patterns
Proud to partner with cbs
We have a longstanding relationship with Corporate Business Solutions – one of the SAP small, expert group of partners in Selective Data Transition.
We're certified on cbs' "ET Enterprise Transformer” toolset
Our consultants are certified on the “ET Enterprise Transformer” toolset and ready to assist in your transformation to SAP S/4HANA.
Visualize the migration path
SAP to SAP S/4HANA migration
Non-SAP to SAP migration
Are you in pursuit of a trusted and reliable partner with a lot of years of experience in the area of upgrading your existing SAP ECC system to S/4HANA?